Wednesday, October 15, 2008

My Childhood's Sad Demise

whatever happened to my childhood...
the breaking of my my every tooth....
the crush on the now not so handsome dude
when i was in the happiest of my moods....
not knowing a rude shock awaited me as i attained adulthood...
suddenly i am no more sixteen..
decisions,resposibilities and expectations umpteen...
the world becomes just so mean....
no one can make it stop....
with all the money in the world i just cant make it stop....
the trail of the tear drop....
leaves behind tails of compromise.....
that marks the sudden demise
of my childhood's reprise........
all i can do is wait for another sunrise.....
and struggle to survive....
walking along my uncertain path to becoming wise.......
all along hoping the child in me never dies.....

3 comments:

Shailja Awasthi said...

Awesome rhyming- i really liked this one- i believe this is the first in rhyming words... The thought of childhood's death is really touchy!

Soma Patnaik said...

@I'm passing through the same phase, and can completely co-relate to it . I loved the rhythm too. Its like I was moving with it, with the poem ...

Vasundhara Khattry said...

bful! love the way u've put it!